Keio Economic Observatory (KEO) was established in 1959 at Keio University, for the purpose of conducting theoretical and empirical research on economic and industry studies in the context of the existing economic conditions of Japan. The institute consisted of the three sections: Economics, Law and Behavioral Science.
The Institute's researchers consist of specialists in various departments at Keio University as well as the Institute's own research staffs.
- KEO Discussion Paper No.140:Tadashi Ito, Toshiyuki Matsuura, Chih-Hai Yang "Revisiting Complementarity between Japanese FDI and the Import of Intermediate Goods: Agglomeration Effects and Parent-firm Heterogeneity " ,November,2016
- ReportAPO Productivity Databook 2016of the productivity statistics database of Asian countries was published. 1th Oct 2016.
- KEO Discussion Paper No.138:Kozo Kiyota,Tetsuji Okazaki "Assessing the Effects of Japanese Industrial Policy Change during the 1960s" ,April,2016
- KEO Discussion Paper No.137: Toshiyuki Matsuura "mpact of Extensive and Intensive Margins of Foreign Direct Investment on Domestic Corporate Performance:Evidence from Japanese Automobile Parts Suppliers", Abstract" , March,2016
- Koji Nomura's column, Productivity trends in Asia after the Global Crisis,was publish at the VoxEU.org 18.Dec.2015
- ReportAPO Productivity Databook 2015of the productivity statistics database of Asian countries was published. 1th Oct 2015.
- KEO Discussion Paper No.135: Makoto Hasegawa,Kozo Kiyota "The E ect of Moving to a Territorial Tax System on Pro t Repatriation: Evidence from Japan" ,Jun,2015
- KEO Discussion Paper No.134: Doan Thi Thanh Ha,Kozo Kiyota "Misallocation, Productivity, and Trade Liberalization: The Case of Vietnamese Manufacturing" , May,2015
- Keio Economic Observatory will organize a special lecture on new emprical IO; Estimation of Firm Level Markups by Lionel Nesta (OFCE, France),1st of July, 2015 (Registration by 12th of June, 2015)
- KEO Discussion Paper No.133(Abstract): Koji NOMURA, HIroshi SHIRANE "Measurement of Quality-Adjusted Labor Input in Japan, 1955–2012" 1p. , December,2014
- KEO Discussion Paper No.132: Fumimasa Hamada "Priority Order and Consumer Behavior*" 17p. May, 2014
- Isamu Yamamoto's book, "Economic Analysis of Working Hours: Prospects for a working style in a super-aging society" (RodoJikan no Keizai Bunseki-Cho KoreikaShakai no HatarakikatawoTenbosuru, NikkeiInc.,) was awarded 57th Nikkei Prize for Excellent Books in Economic Science.
- Keio Economic Observatory and the Center for Economic Growth Strategy, Yokohama National University will jointly organize Yokohama International Workshop on International Trade and Growth at the PACIFICO Yokohama on November 21st. Leading Chinese and Japanese trade economists will join the workshop .Registration is required to join the workshop Program.The deadline for the registration is November 5th. For inquiries, please contact Keio Economic Observatory
- ReportAPO Productivity Databook 2014of the productivity statistics database of Asian countries was published. In addition, a briefing session was held in commemoration of the publication and was given a presentation on "APO Mobile Productivity Database" which was the application for the smart phone at the same time. （95economic indicators about the productivity are included in application.） 17th Oct 2014.
- Mari Yamauchi’s book Japanese Employment Systems: Growing Divergence and Globalization Koyo Shisutemu no Tayouka to KokusaitekiShuurenn,( Keio University Press Inc., 2013) was awarded the Japan Society of Human Resource Management Prize (academic prize). 22th July 2014.
- APO-Keio special lecture given by Dale Jorgenson (Harvard University) was held on 22th May 2014.
- We organized a mini-lecture on new emprical IO; Estimation of Strategic Interactions on 16-17 July by Junichi Suzuki (University of Toronto),July 2014